Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Worst Nightmare

It's a good thing I don't live in Austin. I'm a bad enough driver as it is, but if I had seen this sign during my morning commute, I would've surely caused an accident (you don't even really need to play the video):



Apparently someone hacked into Austin's roadworks system and changed the electronic billboard that usually posts traffic advisories. A spokeswoman from the city said, "Even though this may seem amusing to a lot of people, this is really serious."

Damn straight it's serious!!!

Now when the zombies DO attack, no one's going to pay attention to the warnings. Didn't this hacker ever hear about "the boy who cried wolf?" I hope the person responsible realizes what he or she has done. The zombies totally have an edge in Texas now.

- e

9 comments:

Scott said...

at least it wasn't EVIL LITTLE KIDS IN AREA!.....

Craig said...

I just got done reading a news article aobut that before seeing that you had posted this.

If you are worried about zombies, I suggest getting a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide. :) Actually, I enjoyed that book and really, really enjoyed World War Z.

Anonymous said...

2 posts in a row!?! LOL and this is *hysterical*!

i would have most definitely freakkkkked out if i saw that! :D

now vampires on the other hand, i would have been stoked!

*kristYn from CALI*

Erika (aka "e") said...

Yes, evil little kids would be much worse!

I will have to check out those books. Speaking of Zombie Lit... I saw this link in a publishing industry email newsletter I get... how timely:

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/on/anthology_of_great_zombie_literature_107252.asp

- e

drew said...

zombies are pretty scary, although if movies are to be believed, most zombies are unable to run, so if you see them, turn and go the other way, and you should be fine. Unless they are super zombies. lol. Then you are screwed.

Can you tell I love zombie movies..

Julie said...

Oh my! I don't know what I'd do if I saw that. I'd probably laugh on the outside, but then be incredibly paranoid on the inside.

I rolled on over here from Long Live Locke, which I enjoy very much. I was reading about some of your travels. Not only have you gone on the Lost tour in Oahu, which I plan on doing next year, but you have also been to Galapagos! This makes you the coolest person ever in my books! Galapagos is my #1 travel dream/goal. You are so lucky! It's in my "within the next 10 years" life plan, Lol. It is my dream as a photographer to get there, and I will! I just need to save my pennies first!

maikib said...

omg, we are laughing out loud. as mark said "she's (you're) brilliant!"

delia said...

i wish i would have seen this sign while driving since i live in austin. almost as funny as you are :)

Anonymous said...

6 months later and this post *still* cracks me up :D

*kristYn from CALI*