Thursday, September 20, 2007

Heeeeyyyy.... Yooouuuu.... Guuyysssss!

Just a quick follow-up to my Talk Like a Pirate Day post... I failed to mention a trip my brother and his girlfriend recently took to Astoria, Oregon. If you're anywhere near my age, you're probably thinking, "Why is Astoria sounding familiar?" Probably because it was where one of the best movies of all time, The Goonies, was set! So my brother and his girlfriend got to go INSIDE of the house where the beginning of the movie was filmed (where Mikey and Brand lived) - the woman who currently owns it invited them in?!?!

How awesome is THAT and how jealous was I?

Anyway, I mention this now because The Goonies revolved around a bunch of kids attempting to follow the treasure map of a famous pirate - One-Eyed Willie. My love for this movie warrants its own dedicated post one day, but I wanted to make sure that other fans of the film got to see the many pictures of what the house looks like now.

In other TLAP Day news, I was informed by KG that The Man she works for, an agency that shall remain unnamed, actually sent around an email to all employees about Talk Like a Pirate Day, complete with an .mp3 of the "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me!" song. If The Man was always that cool, I might not have felt the need to leave Corporate America!

And finally, Wanders let me know that yesterday in Congress, someone actually brought up Talk Like A Pirate Day during a hearing. Alas, no sword-fighting followed, but it's a start.

So, once again, WHY are pirates still losing against ninjas??? There is no Talk Like A Ninja Day?!?!

- e

No comments: