Wednesday, September 05, 2007

When Aliens Attack! Or, The New 'Desperate Housewives' Ad


The five reasons why I never watched, and never will watch, Desperate Housewives are above. How annoying are these women? The Head Alien, Teri Hatcher, is by far the worst. Take a GOOD LOOK at her face in the ad above (she's the one with her eyes stretched so tightly that she can't really open them anymore), and then compare it to what she looked like just a few years ago:


So sad, so sad! She was NORMAL and CUTE and HUMAN once! Why did she need to go for the alien face? I just don't get it. I know I just recently posted about Courtney Love's plastic surgery, so I don't want you all to think I'm obsessed with the "before and afters" of celebrities - but when I came across the new fall TV ads I just couldn't believe this one passed muster with the marketing peeps at ABC and I had to comment on it. Shouldn't they be trying to attract new viewers rather than repulse them?

An interesting thing I noticed about this campaign, however (and so did this writer for TV Guide), is that the women are switched around in different magazines. They are all so full of themselves that they probably had a fight about who was placed where in the ad or something lame like that. Hopefully this show will continue to lose its audience as it has every year since it premiered and go off of the air soon.

Until then - we all have to deal with THIS!


Happy Nightmares,
- e

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I had to pick one, quite frankly, I'd pick Brenda Strong, the one who plays the dead woman. You might remember her from Sports Night or Twin Peaks or even as the dead woman in Everwood.

And if you don't remember her from those shows, she was Sue Ellen Mischke (sp?) on Seinfeld. The one who got the bra from Elaine, that forced Kramer to drive off the road when she wore it as a top.

Then again, Brenda doesn't look like an alien.

Anonymous said...

dude, you must chill. yes, I agree that Terry Hatcher, in particular, has had an obscene amount of work done. however, what you are not getting here is that this show is a satire. that is how it was created and all it has ever aimed to be. this ad, like all their ads, is tongue-in-cheek.

and yes, I am a faithful viewer of the show. :)