Tuesday, July 08, 2008

One Hook-Up, One Break-Up

I remember when I first saw Jude Law... it was over ten years ago on the big screen in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. He didn't have that big of a role, but I was instantly mesmerized. Unfortunately, not too much later he turned into a Certified Himbo, and I became officially disenchanted. In retrospect, Lady Chablis was totally the best thing about Jude's first major movie, anyway. (And to go even further off on a tangent, if you never read that book, you really should, it rocks. And to continue with the random comments, my favorite Jude movie by far is the fairly unknown eXistenZ... rent it if you like futuristic sci-fi stuff.)

Anyway, yesterday it was reported that Mr. Law is now dating a 20-year-old model. Yes, a young girl 15 years his junior. At this point he's looking pretty scruffy and he makes me sad. He's got a handful of kids and at some point they are going to be damn embarrassed of him, if they aren't already. Pack it in, boy! You look beat.

While Jude's mid-life crisis unravels across the pond, here in the States two of the perkiest celebrities alive have broken up: Drew Barrymore and that dude from the Mac commercials. I always thought they were a strange match, because, I mean, he's that dude from the Mac commercials. But he did seem fairly normal, so I thought that maybe after experiencing so much wildness in her life, Drew realized it was best to settle down with a Regular Joe.

Alas, it was not meant to be, as her publicist confirmed the split yesterday. The cynical side of me says that the two may get back together just in time to promote their movie, He's Just Not That Into You (a step-up from the Mac commercials for him, no?), which premieres next year. We shall see.

In the meantime, I predict a lot of annoying pictures and tales of her re-bonding with BFF Cameron Diaz... who is currently seeing Jennifer Aniston's ex, supposed druggie Paul Sculfor. I guess I can see why Drew went for the Mac guy... everyone else in Hollywood has been recycled.

- e

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eewww! That pic of Jude is gagtastic...I'm like you, I thought he had a certain appeal...Loved him in The Talented Mr. Rippley...Ooooh, that tan and those aqua eyes...He was just as fetching in A.I....I guess I have a thing for androids with slick demeanors...JUST LIKE YOU...I can't stand the womanizing...especially when the guy is picking his chicks up at the HS graduation ceremony...It's so pathetic...I guess everybody's got their something.

What is it with Drew that she can't be with anybody? I thought she had met her match with Tom Green, who knows what went on there...I like Drew...hopefully, one day...

But the way these actors and actresses pass each other around, I thought it Grey's Anatomy or HS...It's all about the same.

Anonymous said...

Mac Guy plays a super computer hacker dude in Live Free or Die Hard... I'm pretty sure it's just who he is. Which I find somewhat endearing. :)

Wanders said...

My favorite Mac Computer Guy movie is "Galaxy Quest," when he plays the nerd who saves the planet.

maikib said...

Mac Guy went to Vassar-- he lived in our dorm (KMC, JM and mine). Alas, he did not graduate... he left to go do the tv series "Ed"... which, i suppose, was the start of his typecasting...