Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Great Customer Service: Fitbit

The update on yesterday's Fitbit Fail situation is that there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that my Fitbit One is indeed dead. The good news is that since I only bought it in mid-January, it's under warranty and they're going to send me a new one.

The even better news is that I didn't have to pull teeth to make this happen. I had a very short online chat with a customer service rep who had me try to sync my device after I explained to her what happened. The sync wouldn't work.

Yeah, and it's a BIG problem, people.


And... that was it. I got an email asking for my shipping address and a screenshot of my order details from Amazon. A new Fitbit One should be on its way to me shortly, and it doesn't even seem like they're going to make me go through the annoying task of sending the defunct one bad, which I LOVE.

I asked the rep if there was a known issue with One's flaking out after only a few months, but she said there wasn't, so I'm going to cross my fingers that the new one isn't a dud.

In the meantime, I'm still feeling uneasy without anything tracking my steps. And I don't like touching my waist and not being able to feel my little fitness friend right there by my side. This must be how Tom Hanks felt when he lost Wilson.


Yep. It's exactly like that.

- e

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I had a problem with my FitBit (I have a flex and the battery just stopped holding a charge), but similar to you, I had a great experience with their customer service. They made it so easy to get a replacement! Love that!

Unknown said...

My cousin was actually just telling us at Easter about the great experience that she had with their customer service. I hope that word continues to spread and they get the publicity that they deserve - excellent customer service should be celebrated!!

Albert Ellenich said...

Carrie R. recommended I check out your blog for your writing style and I saw this article and had to post. I have a Fitbit One and at some point the clip of the holding case snapped right off. At the time, fitbit store didn't offer a way to purchase a replacement. When I contacted Fitbit to ask if I could purchase one, they sent me a whole new Fitbit One in retail packaging. I couldn't believe it!