Monday, March 24, 2008

Top Chef Chicago: e's Millisecond of Fame


As I hinted at last week, I was indeed at the filming of "Zoo Food"--episode two of this season's Top Chef in Chicago. While I tried to make some ridiculous comments on camera in order to get on TV, my strategy did not work. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I hated everything the judges liked and loved everything they hated. This should be no surprise, as my definition of fine dining is adding blueberries to a bowl of Cheerios.

Anyway, it was extremely cool to see how the show came together. When I first watched it, I didn't see myself or my husband at all. So a big shout-out to my brother and JB, who caught my back, arm and half of my face on the edge of the screen during minute 37. If you have Tivo, they replay Top Chef all of the time on Bravo, so look for a scene during minute 37 where Padma and the other chick are in the middle of the frame. I am at the far left of the screen in a red dress with my back facing the camera, and as I turn to look back at the judges, the scene switches.

Now I can officially say I've been on TV!

- e

1 comment:

Craig said...

I figured out from the hints in the earlier post that you were talking about Top Chef and thought, "Oh, I usually enjoy that show. Maybe I'll watch." and then promptly forgot.

On screen for a moment, even while facing away from the camera, is far more than most of us have ever been on TV (or at least far more than I have ever been on TV).