Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm Getting the Shakes Already...

It's time for my next trip -- I'm heading out at 3 AM tomorrow morning (ugh) and will be back to my normal posting schedule on December 10th. If I don't have a nervous breakdown by then, that is.

I realized that this will be the first time I've been utterly and completely offline for more than three days straight (as in, with no Internet access whatsoever) since mid-2004. Four and a half years?!?! Did you know that my nickname "e" is a shortened version of what my co-workers used to call me -- egrrl? And that they called me that because I am ALWAYS online?

Therefore, I'm positive that I'll start suffering Internet withdrawal symptoms sooner rather than later over the course of my trip. It's going to be ugly. But I know I'm in desperate need of a break from the dear old web and that this experience will be good for me. At least I'll keep telling myself that.

OK, I must finish packing... I hope all of you in the U.S. had a happy Thanksgiving... check back in 1.5 weeks to see how I fared!

(Oh, and lest you think I'm cheating... my posts that will continue to go up daily on redblog were all written in advance!)

- e

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAVE A SAFE TRIP.....SEND US A POSTCARD FROM THE G'S....

Auntie MA

Anonymous said...

ieeeeee! i'm having *major* e withdrawals!!!!!

...one more day... i think i can, i think i can!!!!

:)

*kristYn from CALI*

Anonymous said...

okay it's the 10th... where are you?! or almost as important... where were you?

*kristYn from CALI*