Thursday, May 08, 2008

Reality Roundup - AI, Top Chef, The Bachelor, Survivor, The Hills

Is it summertime yet? I'm just about ready to turn off my TV permanently. With the exception of Lost, everything I've been watching lately has been pretty darn bad, or is almost over with anyway. Let's review my list of "regulars" (don't read if you aren't caught up on all of these shows...):

American Idol

THANK GOD Jason Castro is gone. I literally could no longer stand to look at him and his dopey smiley face. But it's not like the final three are that much better. Syesha annoyed me a long time ago when she first did that scary "baby cry" noise. David Archuleta is way too happy and I just don't see him doing well after this show. Seriously, would you buy his CD? I wouldn't. David Cook has grown on me, and I hope he wins. But even if he doesn't, I think he's at the point where he'll do the best out of all of this season's contestants. The thing I'm not sure about, however, is whether or not anyone will be interested in him once he starts singing his own songs and not cleverly arranged covers.



The Bachelor

It's wrong, how much I love this show. But its finale is next week... all good things must come to an end. I want Matt to pick Shayne, simply because I never liked Chelsea. Does anyone else think she's just kind of, um, manly? I totally do not get his attraction to her. Unfortunately, I do think he's going to pick her because he already mentioned that he thought his parents would love her. That's a sign! (As a side-note, is it really bad that I slo-mo'd the preview for the finale to see if I could figure out who he proposes to based on their nail polish? It is, isn't it? By the way, you can't tell... they are both sporting the same color.)



Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites


This season has been awesome. But with Ozzy gone and James being forced to leave, I have to admit that I'm not quite as into it as I once was. Good thing that its finale also is coming up this Sunday (after another episode airs at its usual time tonight). At this point, I don't really care who wins, but of everyone left, I hope it goes to Amanda. (I hear she is still with Ozzy, by the way!)


The Hills


This show continues to frustrate me while fascinating me at the same time. I have to laugh that its finale is coming up next week, because NOTHING HAPPENED ALL SEASON once again. I don't know if I can stand to watch this show anymore if it comes back for another run... I think Lauren is mean to Audrina and if Audrina leaves (as she should), there won't be much reason for me to tune in anymore (no Justin Bobby cameos? Forget it!). Spencer and Heidi continue to be the WORST, and the word is that they've signed an agreement with a major celebrity tabloid to break up, get back together, and then even get MARRIED, all in return for primo press coverage. How twisted is that?




Top Chef


Maybe I'm biased (I WAS on the show, after all), but I'm loving Top Chef: Chicago. They've already gotten rid of all of the people I didn't like (though Dale's negativity, Andrew's hyper-freakishness and Lisa's snottiness are wearing on me), and I'm enjoying seeing different areas of my hometown showcased. I hope that either Antonia, Stephanie or Richard ends up victorious (and that Spike starts his own line of headwear).

Tonight we have Survivor, the Scrubs Princess Bride episode, The Office (don't get me started on how bad THIS show has been lately) and Lost. If I am not entertained by any of them... then the TV goes out the window.

- e

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey E~
I agree with you on The Hills. Nothing happens ~ yet oddly I continue to be fascinated.

I think LO is a bitch. I mean WTF ~ she is the one excluding Audrina.
And why did they even stop by the studio for 5 minute.

Speidi ~ are beyond words. They break up on the show; yet the tabloid show stage photo ops at the Kentucky Derby. WTH!

Anonymous said...

e,

Ever watch Rock of Love ... ugh. Dem some real beauties !!!

The Other E

P.S. I think I'll stick with Lost. BTW ... do you happen to know of any lost spoofs ???

Lockman said...

E-
I can't even watch american idol.....that Jason kid looks freakishly like John Travolta from Battlefield Earth....check out a picture...its strange....

Survivor has been pretty funny...that Eric kid gave up his necklace last night...what a clown...those girls were owning him the whole episode....

I do love me some top chef...Dale is a whining fingerpointing idiot...I am a fan of Richard Spike and Antonia...if one of them wins I will be happy....

The Hills is just boring anymore...Lo is an evil woman...and the whole heidi spencer spencer sister thing is lame...stopped watching...

I can't even remember what other shows you had in there...
I am just hoping for another season of Rescue me, nip/tuck..the riches..I have become quite a fan of the dramas on FX....they are pretty hilarious....

Was Lost amazing last night or what...you had to have liked it since it revolved around your man Locke..I am putting that one in the top 5 somewhere just not sure where....wrong blog...I guess I am just excited to read your analysis over there...
Have a great weekend and as always keep up the great work...

Anonymous said...

Now that Rock the Cradle is over, I'm just suffering through The Hills and Top Chef. Still haven't caught onto The Bachelor and Survivor.

100% agree with you about The Hills and The Office!

--Carrie
PS How was Kanye?

Lula! said...

Totally agree with your summation of the lack of good television, with the exception of our show, of course.

And I'm rooting for Shayne, too. Chelsea is all wrong for Matt. Like all the previous bachelors, he'll probably get it wrong and I'll get mad vow to never watch that stupid show again. When does the new season of "The Bachelorette" start again?

Lockman said...

e,
David Cook actually has a cd released of his own material and to be quite honest I am digging it...

my pops bought the thing prior to it getting yanked....story here ..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351917,00.html

apparently the mp3's were removed from amazon...haven't checked itunes to see if it is still there or not, but I would recommend the album for no other reason that it rocks...the music is pretty good and the singing isn't bad either...he rocks and similar to Daughtry is who should be winning american idol....I am tired of the one hit wonders or country changeovers or gospel changeovers winning this competition...not that it doesn't take away from the show but all they sing on the show is popular music and then they completely switch to whatever they were doing prior but now they have their american idol winner tagged to themselves....
either way I think David Cook is the best talent on that show and should win hands down...