Monday, October 08, 2007

It's Not Over 'Til... Tomorrow?


Here are three truths:

- It is October 8th, 2007.
- It was 89 degrees in Chicago yesterday...
- And it will be 87 degrees here today.

If global warming is wrong, I don't want to be right!

I kid, I kid. But seriously, this is crazy. About 10,000 of the 45,000 runners registered for yesterday's Chicago Marathon chose not to run because of the heat. I'll let you click here to read about the other sad events that the humidity and heat caused in the race.

This is why it's so lame for all the clothing stores to start selling winter clothes when Labor Day rolls around. Summer is still here in full effect - why do I want to get all depressed thinking about blizzards when I walk by The Gap and see corduroys and sweaters?

Apparently, however, the end of summer is truly nigh. We're supposed to get a big storm tonight and then the extended forecast said that the temperature will be in the sixties from that point on.

Which means that I need to head outside with the dog and start living it up for one last hurrah!

- e

No comments: