Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Proof!

When I was in Japan for The Man several years ago, I told my family and friends about how these "pushers" were employed to cram everyone into the subway cars during rush hour.

Now I just noticed that a video of this crazy process made Anderson Cooper 360's "The Shot" on CNN.com. Observe for yourself! (If you'd rather see the video with Anderson's commentary, click here.)




Luckily for me, I was already well inside the car when the pushers started their routine. But there was a really tall guy near me whose head started bleeding because a metal advertising sign hanging from the top of the car kept banging him across the forehead, and he was too crammed in to be able to move his arms or body or head in order to get in another position.

Makes your commute look a little bit better, doesn't it?

- e

No comments: