Friday, May 09, 2008

This Is Just Not Right.

As I've said before, I could take or leave Beyoncé. So she finally got hitched to Jay-Z? Who cares, they were already acting like a boring married couple anyway. She's had a few songs that I like--most recently "Irreplaceable"... and I still put on "Ring the Alarm" when I want a good work-out--but most of the time I don't think twice about her.

Until I saw THIS completely disturbing ad for her new line of clothing--for little girls?!?!


Are you kidding me? Is this a joke?

No, it's not a joke. Just look at the homepage for Beyoncé's clothing line, House of Deréon, and you can tell that these kiddie styles fit right in.

Has someone called Child Services yet? Seriously, what was she thinking? This is really bad. I don't think I could even walk in those high heels, let alone a freakin' five-year-old! What's next... is Jay-Z going to come out with a line for toddlers so that people can dress their young sons up like gangstas and pimps? You know, to complement their sisters wearing Deréon Girls?

Ugh... OK, I've made up my mind. I no longer like Beyoncé--at all. (Added bonus from swearing off the "Bootylicious" singer--I don't have to keep typing in the annoying HTML code for the accented e's!)

- e

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't tell that the girls were playing dress up? C'mon now...smh

Lula! said...

I'm sure this is one of several things...a really late April Fools joke, a gaggle of girls dressed for a new Broadway musical about baby prostitutes, OR an early Halloween campaign. Just sayin'...