Friday, April 25, 2008

No Pudge Brownies... The Perfect Food?


If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you may have gotten the sense that I like sweets. If you got that impression, then you are correct. Chocolate in particular is my weakness... or do I actually get strength from chocolate? I think it's the latter.

Anyway, yesterday I baked up a batch of No Pudge brownies, and thought I should tell you about the wonder of this brand, just in case you weren't aware. I was introduced to No Pudge in grad school, where the closest grocery store was a Whole Foods (before they started popping up everywhere). I've been getting them ever since, going on seven years now. As you may have figured out from the brand name, they are no-fat, low-calorie brownies--a true miracle if I've ever heard of one.

Since I pretty much never cook or bake anything, they had to be reaaaalllly easy in order for me to attempt to make them. And they are. You just pour the bag of mix into a bowl and stir it up with a cup of yogurt. Even I can handle that.

My personal favorite is the "Raspberry," but I've also mixed in flavored yogurts and small fruit chunks to the "Original" mix and they turn out well, too. If you've never tried them before, see if they are at a grocery store near you here.

Even though it is breakfast time right now, I think I'm going to go have one from the batch I made last night just to start this day off on the right note!

- e

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These brownies truly are one of the best inventions ever!! :) Have you tried them w/ Cool Whip Lite? Yummmmeeee! BTW, love both of your blogs...big LOST fan here!

Anonymous said...

I had heard of these before from friends but never tried them. Just last week my husband asked why I never make brownies, so I took your advice and made them yesterday. Delicious!! And so easy!